#BOMAMA aka Mamasita is the “Call SIGN” of the Sailing Vessel BUONAONDA.
“BUONA ONDA” means “GOOD WAVE” in Italian and describes a lifestyle in the entire Latin-speaking area. Positive experiences and events are called a “BUONA ONDA”.
The members of the SFTV BUONA ONDA have made it their goal, by preserving this unique sailing ship, to explore the oceans, to experience their cultures and continents and to connect our generations with the knowledge they have gained
First: Training Ship BUONAONDA
- 1910 – Built in the Netherlands as a fish lugger, and sailed under the name “Lichtstraal”
- 1927 – Developed as a transport sailing ship and registered in Germany, Hamburg under the name “Greta
- 1952 – Extension of the sailing ship by eight metres and modernisation. A more powerful engine was integrated and continued under the name “Lotte Nagel” and “Ursel Beate
- 1978 – As “Bartele Rensik” the conversion to a 3-mast topsail schooner was carried out and adapted for passenger charter
- 2008 – Under the name “Salomon” the ship was given a general overhaul and used for social work for young people with behavioural problems. The owner was the foundation “Jugendschiffe Schweiz” (Swiss Youth Ships)
- 2018 – Renamed to “BUONA ONDA” the ship was taken over by Ronny Sommer and Mario Schmidli (two former employees of the “Jugendschiffe Schweiz” foundation)
- 2020 – A REFIT is to be carried out to offer sailing courses on the traditional sailing ship
- 2021 – Second REFIT in Dakar.
A Summary of Sailing Yacht BUONAONDA
The large superyacht BUONAONDA is a traditional sailing yacht.
This 47 metre (154 ft) luxury yacht was produced by Scheepsbouwwerf “De Industrie” D En Joh Boot in 1910.
BUONAONDA used to be Luchtstraal; Greta; Heinz Helmut; Lotte Nagel; Ursel Beate; Bartele Rensink. She could be considered a classic triple masted topsail schooner.
Superyacht BUONAONDA is a nicely styled yacht that can sleep up to 20 people on board and has around 4 crew members.
This balanced sailing yacht has been designed from the naval architecture of Scheepswerf Industrie.
The Shipyard Work & Yacht Design for Luxury Yacht BUONAONDA
The yacht’s general design work came from Scheepswerf Industrie. The professional naval architect firm drawings are the work of Scheepswerf Industrie. Created at Scheepsbouwwerf “De Industrie” D En Joh Boot this yacht was built in the Netherlands. She was officially launched in Alphen A/D Rijn in 1910 before being handed over to the owner. Her hull was constructed with steel. The sailing yacht superstructure is fabricated predominantly with steel. The measurement of the luxury yacht on deck is 35.2 (115.5 ft). With a width of 6.64 metres / 21.8 ft BUONAONDA has reasonable interior. She has a fairly shallow draught of 2.6m (8.5ft). She had refit improvement and modification carried out by 2003.
S/Y BUONAONDA Engineering & Speed:
The yacht is propelled by a single reliable MAN diesel engine(s) and can attain a reasonable top speed underway of 10 knots. The engine of the SALOMON gives 500 horse power (or 368 kilowatts). Her total HP is 500 HP and her total Kilowatts are 368. She is driven by a single screw propeller.
Superyacht BUONAONDA Has The Following Accommodations:
With cabins for a maximum of 20 visiting passengers staying on board, the BUONAONDA accommodates them in luxury.
A List of the Specifications of the BUONAONDA :
|Superyacht Name:||Sailing Vessel BUONAONDA|
|Ex:||Luchtstraal; Greta; Heinz Helmut; Lotte Nagel; Ursel Beate; Bartele Rensink|
|Built By:||Scheepsbouwwerf “De Industrie” D. en Joh. Boot|
|Built in:||Alphen A/D Rijn, Dutch|
|Length Overall:||47 metres / 154.2 feet.|
|Naval Architecture:||Scheepswerf Industrie, Scheepswerf Industrie|
|Hull / Superstructure Construction Material:||steel / steel|
|Owner of BUONAONDA :||Sommer Ronny|
|BUONAONDA available for luxury yacht charters:||ON REQUEST|
|Is the yacht for sale:||–|
|Helicopter Landing Pad:||No|
|The Country the Yacht is Flagged in:||PANAMA|
|Official registry port is:||PANAMA CITY|
|Home port:||Grand Case, SXM|
|Max yacht Training guests (day sailing)||50|
|Number of Crew Members:||3|
|The main engines are one 500 HP / 368 kW MAN.|
|Giving the combined power of 500 HP /368 KW.|
|Cruising at a speed of 9 nautical miles per hour.|
|Her top Speed is around 10 nautical miles per hour.|
|Potable water capacity:||6600l.|
|Cruised the areas of:||World Wide|
|Total Sail Size:||750 Metres Squared.|
|Draught at deepest:||2.6m/8.5ft.|
|Yacht Type:||triple masted topsail schooner.|
LOG 2.3 Banjul, The Gambia, July 2021 #makenoise #keeptheshape #bomamasailthegambia
We are safe in The Gambia River.